I know its been far too long. Here's the lowdown on what has been happening the last month: I am as big as a truck. Other then that, all is well. Babies are growing at a nice pace; at my 35 week check up which was 3 weeks ago- they were weighing an estimated 6.9lbs for A and 7.7lbs for B. Big, stubborn babies!
So I have this very irritating rash called PUPPPS and its just a pregnancy hormone rash that can only be resolved by giving birth. BRING IT ON (the birth). I have been in countless oatmeal baths, have tried the entire pharmacy's collection of ointments, been to my OB, my specialist, the ER, and the dermatologist all to find out that its just PUPPPS. My dermatologist took two biopsies of the rash to confirm that it wasn't some other type of liver damaging rash you can get when you are pregnant. Here's the thing though- when you are prego they don't want to use the epinephrine which is what numbs the biopsy site; they prefer to use saline. Saline= salt water. Thanks, thanks a lot. So on my inner thigh, she injected two sites with salt water, dug out some skin and then gave me stitches to close up the wounds. Did I mention that I, in my 30 years have never had a sticth? That now that I am 8 and 1/2 months pregnant and can't have the numbing potion, now, now I need stitches? Of course.
The good news is that the rash is not harmful to myself or the babies, its just incredibly itchy, especially at night. The hardest and worst hit has been my feet, which now resemble floater's feet. Its wicked awesome.
So, I sit, I wait, I am anxious and nervous and wanting to have the babies now. I imagine the next post will be a picture of the little ones along with weights, names and all that good stuff. We'll now see who wins all the pools going around!!!
Wish me luck!
Today is the big day :) I cannot wait to see these babies!!!!!
ReplyDelete