Each year, the organization holds a garage sale fundraiser and I joined the group just in time to go! The sale was held on Friday night and our plans were to go but Eric had a last minute change in schedule. I was just assuming I wouldn't be going without his help. After thinking about it for the day, I realized that sooner or later I was going to have to venture out with the girls alone (besides pick ups at the airport). I am proud to say we had our first 'girls night out' !!! We packed up and headed to the sale. I realized the importance of drive thru ATM's !! Anyway, we had a very successful trip, bought a few gently used items, my favorite being a second Baby Bjorn. I was so proud when driving home that we made it and I have the new found confidence to get out there and start discovering the world with the girls all on our own.
One of the other great things I learned at the meeting was of an early childhood education center that is nearby which offers "mommy and baby" classes. I was thrilled to hear this because I've been in search for one to attend with the girls. It turns out that there was an opening in the Monday class.. look out for our post later today! Meanwhile, here is a picture of the girls taking a nap yesterday.
Ooooh I love that you are now the three Gray ladies out on the town. Watch out suburbs of Miami!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy that there are two of them? I am still in shock sometimes.
ReplyDeleteBTW - hope they like their lovies. We have them in the pink and blue lambs. Caleb is a blankie/thumb-sucker and it's so helpful when he's tired. Sarah has nothing to soothe her. Neither really liked the pacifier, they gave it up by 3 months.
Maura is a very active member of a MOM group. You two should chat.
ReplyDelete