It was everything I hoped it to be, the girls' first birthday. We spent the first half of the day playing, reading, relaxing.. (no morning nap.. I think they were too excited to sleep). This all worked out because it was thundering and raining hard, so we had an excuse to stay in and chill. Eric came home from work early which was a wonderful surprise and we put together the gate for the girls' new playroom while they napped. Upon waking.. gift time! The girls' had been getting gifts in the mail all week long so we had a stockpile to open. A big red barn with animals, puzzles, clothes, jewelry (!), special birthday plates, Raggedy Ann dolls! It was awesome to watch them 'open' their gifts.. they really seemed to enjoy everything. We ordered salad and pizza for dinner and then it was the highly anticipated singing, crowns, and birthday cake. I want to save the whole 'cake' experience for the birthday party we are having in NJ with our friends and family so instead: ICE CREAM CAKE. I mean who doesn't love ice cream cake ? Note to self for next time: ice cream cake is ICE cream and COLD, therefore when the babies are playing with it for more then 2 minutes, their hands start to freeze up and all things that were fun, turn quickly into tears. Not to worry, these girls are quick on the rebound so the tears lasted only a few seconds before it was back to their new playroom and time to play with all their new toys.
I truly could not have asked for a better day for my darling little girls. We all had a great day as a family. I love you Evie and Audrey, more then you'll ever know--no, you'll know, but not until you have your own babies. Cheesey? Corny? I do not care. They are amazing.
Early in the day, in between storms
Gift time
Pizza!
Happy Birthday, Evelyn!
Happy Birthday, Audrey!
After destroying the cake and outfits, the girls played in their semi- birthday suits. Please excuse the blue frosting noses, the drool and, the one itty bitty fanny shot.
So cute! I can't believe how long their hair has gotten. Happy Birthday, Girls!!! We can't to see you and party!!!!
ReplyDeleteJess and Eric, They are absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations on making it through the first year!! :) Enjoy your trip. -Maura
ReplyDelete