Monday, August 2, 2010

Summer Vacation 2010 Part I

I was really nervous about the drive up to NJ with the girls this time because they are so active now, compared to the last trip when they slept the whole way.  They must get highway hypnosis like me because they slept so well and so often that the trip was truly painless. I do have to be careful how much I praise the situation, otherwise Eric will continue to prefer the Griswald style of transportation versus flying like normal people.
Anyway, we made it to NJ a day early, safely, and with full bellies after a slight detour in Phili for some cheesesteaks. DELISH!

I spent the first weekend of the trip in Rhode Island with my girls from UCONN for a little 10 year reunion fun.  We had a blast.. its like nothing has changed between us-- beyond the whole part about us having husbands and children.. we are all still the crazy girls we were back at Storrs. I love you girls!

While I was busy reliving the glory days of college; Eric and the little lovelies stayed back at Mimi's house and had fun times.  It was the first time I was away from the girls for more then one night, which was fun and much needed, but by the second day I was very ready to see my girls.

Eric, Mary, E & A drove out to Rhode Island on Monday for what was our first of hopefully many, Rhode Island vacations..

Here are the highlights..
Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport

For the one and only, LJ... 

 Mims and Evelyn

Our new house in Newport.. 

Newport cliff walk.. reminding me of Marblehead coast line.. so pretty


The mansion where they filmed The Great Gatsby, one of Eric's favorite movies. Did you know he wanted to name one of our daughters Jordan? ( Er, did you read the book or just watch the movie a million times?)

Living in Florida, you forget about the seasonal changes..One of my favorite parts of New England in the summer.. gorgeous hydrangeas.

My beautiful family at the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment