We have moo, sssssss for snakes, Evie can stick out her tongue for lizard, the dog panting, cak -cak (quack quack), ah-ah- ah for a monkey, and ba- ba- ba for chicken ( may seem weird but when I make the chicken sound, I say bawk -bawk- bawk)
I am quite impressed and will happily praise the fact that in these books; I can ask them where a particular animal is and they can point to the right one ! Smarty pants.
So because of their love for animals, we decided to take a trip to the zoo. The zoo was surprisingly not very crowded for a Sunday- perhaps because it was about 50000 degrees. Anyway, the girls had a great time, especially when we took them out of the stroller so they could see better (a stroke of genius) and we even let them walk around a bit.. oh god what fun that was! Thank god the zoo sells beers. Don't worry, we only had 1! The zoo was also well equipped with misters every few hundred feet so we could stroll up and get a little relief from the heat. There were also little water fountain parks every so often where kids could cool off but we didn't have the girls bathing suits with us and I think it was all for the better anyway.
So here are some highlights from our trip..
Rosy cheek Evelyn
Taking a break in the mister to cool down
This is for Leonard
Maybe my favorite photo yet.
I'm pretty sure Eric was pleading for me to hurry up here
Just walking through the zoo
No comments:
Post a Comment