Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cravings


My strongest and most consistent craving has been fruit. I love you, COLD fruit. Pineapple, pears, honey crisp apples (thanks to Kathy for introducing me to these beauties), strawberries, raspberries, oranges, cherries, watermelon, you are all exceptional. I need to give a shout out to frozen fruit popsicles, you guys are great.
Special K cereal and Kashi Crunch, keep on keeping on. Pickles- you know they're going to say our relationship is cliche, but you and only you, dear pickle, know my love for you has been tried and true my whole life. Well HELLO green olives, where have you been hiding, you salty little devils? Broccoli, be still my heart; you have always been there for me. Edamame, damn, not only are you fun to eat, you are just so tasty!

There are a few foods I need to address that are no longer welcome. Marinara, please go away. Eggs, make yourself useful, turn into fuzzy chicks whatever, just don't come near me. Cottage cheese, I think you are usually great but just typing your name is giving my gag reflex a run for its money.

Now lets see who turns on me over the course of this pregnancy and who can creep their way in.... to be continued

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are craving all these wonderful fruits. Don't forget the Gummy Bears!
    Thanks for taking us on this wonderful journey!
    xox MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some healthy babies in there making you crave fruit!
    Though it's not a pregnancy craving, I recently discovered olives too. Love them! I have them for a snack almost every afternoon. So weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok...I craved the same thing....fruit, fruit, fruit!! I think I ate a 2lb box of strawberries at a party once.....but it does end!

    ReplyDelete