
Eric and I recently started looking online at 'baby checklists'. I kid you not, these exist. Recommendations on how many of each necessity you'll likely go through in a week, a day, what have you; diapers, wipes, burp cloths, bottles, etc. It is truly frightening when you multiply these figures by TWO. You want to know what we are looking at here?
140-160 diapers a week
an infinite amount of wipes
20-40 burp cloths a day a week, a what?
16 bottles a day or 2 au naturals, if you catch my drift
and
2 bottles of vodka for Mommy per week
I would really like to know if these lists are accurate or if Eric has to start working a nightshift ? He’d like to know if we can register for a garage when the time comes so we have room to put ALL OF THIS. We haven’t even touched upon cribs, high chairs, car seats,bouncy seats, play mats, jolly jumpers. Where does it STOP?
Oh you poor girl. Yes, this all sound very familiar. We all want everything for our first. I had to have it all for Alex and could care less about what Matt had. But two at once...find some rental space.
ReplyDeleteAs the father of twins, and3 others, I can attest that in the beginning they are pooping, puking, crying machines, placed on this earth to do nothing but deprive you of sleep and sanity. Just kidding, those numbers seem a bit high to me. Feed au natural if you can as they eat constantly and formula isn't cheap. It's tough in the beginning but hang in there. I do recommend 2 swings and 2 bouncy seats. Call me, we've been through it and are more than willing assist.
ReplyDeleteI must say that you will need more then 2 bottles of vodka per week!! As for the rest....take it day by day. But I will say one thing...don't go out and buy packs and packs of diapers because they grow so fast. One week they will be in newborn diapers and the next day they will be in the next size up.
ReplyDelete