Friday, January 21, 2011

18 months

One year and a half? 18 months? How? Someone please, tell me how its possible?? I promised that I would have a video for the girls' one year birthday and wow, that came and went. I am still working on it and plan to have it up by the end of the weekend, so it will be an 18 month video.. aren't I clever?

The girls are the exact same weight and height... how crazy is that? 33 1/2 inches tall and 23 1/2 lbs ! After 18 months of patiently waiting, and hearing all the comments from the peanut gallery, I'm happy to say that the girls hair can almost be pulled back into a ponytail without any other hair clips. Lately, they've been wearing pig tails, or half up with a pony in the back, we have all sorts of options. I am so happy that I didn't give in and cut straight bangs.. I love their wispy wild hair, it really suits them.

In the language department, we have some new words! Peese for please (when prompted but sometimes used appropriately without begging) No~ oh god. Audrey pointed her finger in my face and as clear as a bell told me : "no, no, NO" and laughed hysterically. I laughed too. Then Eric laughed. Then we realized that we can never laugh at her telling us "No" again. "Tee" for the Christmas tree that we had up is another favorite word. "Shee Shee" which I believe, means sister (thanks Oma for clarifying this for us).  Other then that, we have lots of pointing with 'da' still. They know who everyone is and know lots of animals in their books. Oh yes, they can also say "Boobie" because of the book that features a blue footed bubi bird. When they see squirrels in their books, they point outside indicating where they most often see squirrels out the window while waiting for Leonard to make an appearance. Every night, after dinner, we let Leonard out the back and the girls run to the window to watch and wait for him. They squeal in delight and its so fun to watch.. they get so excited they can't control themselves.

This pure happiness also happens when we are playing and listening to music and songs such as "ABC's, Muffin Man, Wheels on the Bus, or, Old MacDonald" come on. They literally drop whatever it is they are doing to stand up and dance. Another favorite song lately has been "Yellow Submarine" and, most cutely: New Soul by Yael Naim

My dear darling girls,
 I love you so much its crazy. Keep on keeping on, you crazy little binkers.
xoxo
p.s. Audrey, you gave your sister a black eye yesterday- not cool at all, but I'm pretty sure it was in self defense. separate post with details to follow..

 (who is that scary looking princess on her ball? I might have to edit that out..)


1 comment: